Working from home but still want to feel a bit like you’ve got ready for the day? I’ve totally got you with my five hero products for a five minute face…possibly even less, depending on how quick your application skills are! Much like the nature of this post, it’s straight in with what you need. Fingertips and brushes at the ready, let’s go!
- Half a pump of Glossier Futuredew and your cheeks will be beaming for your first video meeting of the day. Trust me when I say that a little goes a long way…approach with caution. Quick to apply, even faster to blend in, it’s the glow in a bottle that you never knew you needed. I usually go for cheeks, cupid’s bow, quick swipe down the nose and a dab on the chin, before blending in lightly with my fingertips.
- Thirty seconds in and it’s time for concealer. Glossier Stretch is my absolute hero, cannot live without product and even if I used nothing else on my face, I’d swipe some of this around my nose, cheeks, chin and forehead. You can blend either with fingertips or my personal preference of a good stipple-type brush. It has the same effect as a light base product for blurring the pores and is weirdly bouncy and never drying or cakey. If you’ve not tried it yet, I urge you to head to Glossier right now!
- If you want to dull that glow slightly, now would be your chance to dust on some powder with a small brush, concentrating on those areas that are most likely to shine. If you’re happy for that glow, it’s on to the next product to tame those brows. A clear gel, the NYX Control Freak Eyebrow Gel is cheap, cheerful and does exactly what it says on the tube. I like to brush my hairs upwards and that’s pretty much it!
- Next up cheeks! Oops it’s another Glossier product…what can I say? I’ve been a convert since the early days and the Cloud Paints are just so easy. I squeeze a small amount onto my index fingers, tap together to blend and then using both index fingers I dot onto the apples of my cheeks, grab a brush and blend it out.
- With about 15 seconds left there’s just time to grab your nearest lip balm for a quick swipe before a few gentle dabs of Caudalie’s French Kiss. It’s taken me a while to get into using this, but don’t be put off. It works like a lip stain and a few blots from the pot onto your lips gives a nice sheen and a hint of colour. I’ve got the shade Addiction which is like a dark berry red but it’s more like a ‘my lips but better’ type of finish. I usually end with my mascara of choice to make those eyes pop, but that would have made six products which would have ruined my 5 and 5 idea…
And there you have it. Five products, five minutes. Leaves you a couple of minutes to throw some clothes on and head down to your home office ready for another day!
I’d love to know what your hero products are – what can you absolutely not live without in your make-up bag? Do share…